Here's an absolutely delicious and beautiful dessert recipe with Light Up that you can make for anyone you love, or more importantly for yourself!
Cheesecake cream layer
1.5 c raw cashews (soak in water overnight or pour boiling water over them and let sit for about an hour)
1/4 c maple syrup
1/2c coconut cream (I used trader joe's organic coconut cream)
2T lemon juice
- Blend all ingredients in a high speed blender until smooth
- Refrigerate until ready to assemble
2c sliced fresh strawberries
1.5 scoops Light Up
- Mix Light Up and water in a medium sized bowl
- Add sliced strawberries and stir to combine
- Put in refrigerator to marinate until ready to assemble
Candied Mac nuts
3T maple syrup
1T vegan butter
1c macadamia nuts (I used salted)
- Roughly chop mac nuts into large pieces
- Combine the vegan butter and maple syrup in a medium sauce pan over medium heat
- When the mixture starts to bubble, add the mac nuts and stir until coated
- Lower the heat to to low. The mixture will continue to thicken. Stir frequently so it doesn't burn.
- When the nuts are golden and the mixture is thick like caramel, remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread in a single layer on parchment paper or a silicone mat to cool. (If you don't have either, lightly rub some coconut oil or vegan butter on a plate before you transfer the nuts to it so that the mixture doesn't stick.)
- Let the nuts cool completely. (Try not to eat them all while they are cooling! They are addictive!) You can put them in the fridge or freezer to cool them faster.
- When they're cool, just break them up so they are ready for the parfait.
To assemble the parfait
- Place a layer of the candied mac nuts on the bottom of a mason jar or glass
- Next, add a thin layer of the cheesecake cream
- Then add a thin layer of strawberries
- Alternate the cheesecake layer with the strawberry layers, finishing with the cheesecake layer
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and candied mac nuts